The Nelson Mandela Foundation would like to thank everyone who has shown interest in attending the 16th Nelson Mandela Annual Lecture in partnership with the Motsepe Foundation. The lecture will be delivered by former US President Barack Obama on Tuesday 17 July 2018 at the Wanderers Stadium in Illovo, Johannesburg.
To our guests who have collected their tickets, we look forward to hosting you.
We also have received feedback of some difficulties regarding the collection of tickets for the lecture. The Foundation is working hard to resolve all ticket collection problems by close of business today.
Please note the following:
- Pay attention to the regular correspondence shared with you by the Nelson Mandela Foundation. Also note that your correspondence may have a different collection date from others, as collection dates are dependent on seating
- General Access ticket collections will close on Thursday 5 July 2018. Thereafter, your ticket will be invalid
- Guests who have been allocated designated seating have until 16 July to collect their tickets
- Tickets may be collected at most Shoprite/Checkers stores and all 1 200 Computicket outlets countrywide
- No ticket will be released unless identity is confirmed either by passport or ID document
- Designated seating will be required to provide a reference number upon collection
- Only one ticket per ID/passport number will be issued
- Ticket collections will not be permitted on the day of the lecture
- On the day of the lecture bring along your valid ID book or passport book as access to the lecture will not be granted without these documents
Journalists attending the lecture will be invited to a briefing between 10 July and 13 July at Wanderers Stadium. Final details pertaining to the media briefing will be shared with you in a few days.
We thank you for your understanding and look forward to hosting you as we celebrate the centenary of Nelson Mandela.
Join the conversation on Twitter (@NelsonMandela #NMAL2018) and Facebook (@NelsonMandelaCentreofMemory).
Note: Designated seating is allocated to heads of state and related VIPs.