The Nelson Mandela Foundation is a non-profit organisation focused on memory, dialogue, and legacy work. We are the custodian of Nelson Mandela's life and times; we are a committed facilitator of his living legacy; and we are mandated to promote his lifelong vision of freedom and equality for all.
The Foundation is looking for a Dialogue & Advocacy intern for a period of 18 months, starting 1 April 2023.
- Assisting dialogue and advocacy team on logistics on upcoming events including managing registers, templates, and other logistical issues
- Planning and coordination of travel logistics
- Taking minutes of meetings and writing donor reports
- Assisting with research on key focus areas for the dialogue programme
- Assisting the team with developing advocacy approaches around key focus areas
- Assisting in providing content to various departments
- Data capturing
- Adhoc tasks
In order to be eligible for the NMF internship, applicants must:
- Hold a qualification in the Social Sciences (or a related qualification that you are able to motivate relates to the work of the Dialogue programme at NMF)
- Be recently graduated with no prior full-time work experience – preference will be given to applicants who have not previously benefitted from an internship opportunity within a South African NGO
- Have a demonstrable interest in human rights advocacy and constitutional issues and an interest in building a career in civil society in South Africa
- Be able to plan, prioritise work, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Be systematic and thorough in their approach to work, with excellent attention to detail
- Be competent in Microsoft Office software
To apply or to enquire more about the position, please send your abridged CV, academic transcript and proof of qualifications to the following: HumanResources@nelsonmandela.org, addressed to Ms M. Moagi
Closing Date: 17 March 2023
Note: The Nelson Mandela Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Preference may be given to applicants who reside in the Gauteng region and are multilingual.