- Q&A with archival team
- Q&A with Verne Harris
- Champion Within
Nelson Mandela’s new book gets worldwide recognition
Nelson Mandela’s newest book, Conversations with Myself, has received a great deal of coverage in the international press since its launch on October 12, 2010.
Media giants including the BBC, The Guardian and The Daily Mail have reviewed and written about the book, which seeks to provide insight into the man behind the icon.
Conversations with Myself, which was released worldwide in 22 editions and 20 languages, takes the reader on an intimate journey through the life of Mr Mandela, from the time the politician in him was born, through the 27 years he spent in prison for the liberation of his country, to his inspiring role on the world stage.
The book contains extracts from letters written in the darkest hours of his years in prison, as well as from an unfinished follow-up to his autobiography, Long Walk to Freedom. The unique archive of Mr Mandela’s thoughts was compiled by the Nelson Mandela Foundation.
Click on the links below to read the reviews.
- UK Guardian Newspaper
- New York Times review by J M Ledgard titled "Revolution From Within"
- BBC World Service – Mandela: In His Own Words
- The Globe and Mail – A conversation with himself, inspiration for us
- UK Independant Newspaper – Inside the mind of Nelson Mandela
- UK Daily Mail – Nelson Mandela's daughter: I don't know if my father loves me. Sometimes children are not really loved by their parents
- RNW Africa –Cartoon of the Week - modest Mandela
- The Daily Beast - Nelson Mandela's Revelatory Diaries
- Time Magazine: Quotes of the Day
- Amazon.com - Conversations with Myself
- Sky News - 'I'm No Saint', Claims Mandela In New Book
- The Guardian - Conversations with Myself by Nelson Mandela – review
- The Globe and Mail - Nelson Mandela on how he’s no saint
- NZ Herald - 'I'm no saint': Inside Mandela's battle
- The Epoch Times - Mandela Memoirs Published
- The Ledger - In New Book, Mandela Says He Was Never A Saint
- SOS Children's Villages - Nelson Mandela, Friend of SOS, Releases New Book
- France24 - New Nelson Mandela memoirs give glimpse into prison life
- The Guardian - Nelson Mandela anguished over family's suffering, says book
- The Globe and Mail - Nelson Mandela’s farewell
- Google - AFP: New Mandela memoir goes on sale
- Voice of America - New Mandela Book to be Published Tuesday
- CNN International Edition - New memoir chronicles Mandela's thoughts, dreams
- BBC News - Not another book about Nelson Mandela...
- The Economic Times - Mandela's private letters, diaries published in new book
- AU ABC News - Memoirs reveal Mandela's jail heartache
- NDTV - Mandela's letters reveal agony at being separated from family
- AU Herald Sun - I'm no saint, says Nelson Mandela says in new book
- Sify News - Nelson Mandela 'awkward in his personal relationships'
- RNW Africa - Nothing sticks to saint Madiba
- Los Angeles Times - The mundane and the moral: Mandela's 'Conversations With Myself'
- CA Macleans - The sinner who kept on trying
- Afro - ‘Years of Heartache’ Recounted in New Mandela Book
- ABC News - Nelson Mandela's Private Thoughts in New Book
- UK's The Independent
- Amazon.com - book review by Mr Mariba (please scroll down the Amazon.com page to see the review)
- Amazon.com - book review by Cory Geurts (please scroll down the Amazon.com page to see the review)
- Financial Times
- The Botswana Gazette - Nelson Mandela letters reveal South Africa jail agony
- RFI - Rwandan justice, the Sudan saga, Mandela's memoirs
- ZW News Day - A man we can trust: Where shall we find him?
- Politicsweb - Reflections on the Mandela myth
- Mail&Guardian - Mandela, still the enigma
- Pan Macmillan - Read Barack Obama’s Foreword to Nelson Mandela’s Conversations with Myself
- Eye Witness News - New Mandela book "an inspiration" - publishers
- City Press - Opening a window on a private man
- IOL News - Madiba book offers personal portrait
- The Times Live - Long walk to talking the talk
- The Daily News - Cartoon (PDF)
- The Sunday Independent - Life Books: In his own right (PDF)