Anti- Apartheid Movement (AAM)
The AAM started in 1959 under the name The Boycott Movement Committee. It changed its name to AAM in 1960 after the Sharpeville massacre to become a permanent organisation. It grew into one of the biggest anti-apartheid organisations in the world with committees covering specific subjects and branches all over the UK. It was a member of the European Liaison Group. It was often the fore-runner and initiator of international campaigns and worked closely with the ANC and UN agencies. It dissolved itself in 1995 to continue as Action for Southern Africa (ACTSA).
The Bodleian Library at the University of Oxford has the complete archive of the organisation. The archive also contains a lot of information on other AAMs in the world as well as international organisations.
The Borthwick Institute of Historical Research at York University holds a collection of papers of Judge Kellock. He was the Chairman of the AAM from 1963-1965, acted as an observer for IDAF and was sent by Christian Action to attend the Rivonia Trial in 1964. The archive covers the period 1959-1966.
The School of Oriental and African Studies at the University of London has a small collection of materials.